Friday, October 28, 2022

Same design repeated - or is it?

 

Hello, my friends!  I'm here today to break my own card-making rule:
never repeat a design or card!

Let's be real - it's Christmas card-making time!!!  and I've run out of extra time
to get my cards ready for my friends at Bring Smiles to Seniors!

How will I top the 300+ cards I delivered last year???
Cut, blend, stack, repeat - that's how!
The fun begins with this sweet little Waffle Flower Crafts' Poinsettia again!
All of my layers are cut from 80# Neenah Solor White - it blends beautifully and you
can cut two blooms from one quarter-sheet!


Blending these petals was easier when I popped them back in the negative cut.
Then I choose some inks - the sets from Altenew are the best as they've taken all
the worry out of matching values of ink colors and they also work well with water!



I love variegated Poinsettias and these pink-to-reds in the Red Cosmos set are gorgeous!


My first design uses the Altenew Slimline labels and a leaf and sentiment 
that has been heat-embossed in Ranger gold.  
Pro tip: don't be afraid to mix your Christmas sets!  
I went looking for just the right sized sentiment
to fill that space and found it in another Waffle Flower set from a few years ago!

Next up - those gorgeous orange inks - did I convince you last week how 
beautiful those orange Poinsettias are?  This week they were blended instead of
daubed - is that a word?

I love Poinsettias but have no trouble imagining so many other flowers or ornaments
as the star of this design - can't you?


For this card I used a piece cut from an embossed half-panel from 
Spellbinders' - Ski Lodge - you'll see the rest of that story next week!


This design has another element in common: that gold sentiment!  This time I used one of the dozens I created using Spellbinders' Glitter Wishes!  It will be the common thread in many of the cards I make for Doodlebugs in the next few weeks - hope you'll come back!  
We appreciate it when you do!

=] Michele


Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

18 comments:

  1. Both of these are CAS perfection Michele and I love them both! And especially the orange Poinsettia's...you totally sold me on those last week!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so loving the orange poinsetta...fabulous color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing poinsettia flowers, they look so stunning on those simple backgrounds. I especially like the embossed one xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the poinsettias in any color, Michele, and I love how you changed up the cards with labels and embossed panels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the orange poinsettia and now I'm thinking purple, yellow etc. Fantastic cards both of them. I need to cut more petals cause I cut all mine but didn't keep a base to lay them back in lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous. The CAS designs are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't decide which color I like the best because both are awesome! Wonderful layouts to show them off too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This poinsettia die is becoming a fast favorite! Two beautiful cards, Michele. Love the pink bloom, but that orange version is something special!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gorgeous poinsettias stand on their own on your CAS cards! Now I want to cut and spatter some flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty! Both colors are amazing. I continue to be in awe of your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michele... great repeatable designs!!! Saving to my inspiration book. I just mailed 1000 cards to Operation Gratitude and delivered 400 to the church... fortunately I make Christmas cards all year long. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, these poinsettias are swoon worthy, but what you did with them is even more so. Holy Christmas! Sheer gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely poinsettias, no matter the color! I’m becoming enamored with that slimline label after seeing how you used it recently. TFSharing, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Same here Michele, Christmas is a time when those cards need to be done, so they will get repeated. I love these variegated poinsettias you have made! They are stunning as is the card! You are such a sweetie pie for making all those cards for the seniors. Love you for that! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Repeating a design, yes please!! These are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely beautiful! I like your idea of placing back into the negative for blending. The colors - yum, the designs - elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So so beautiful with the variegated inking and the gold extras! Super cards, Michele! Vikki H

    ReplyDelete
  18. These poinsettia card are so dreamy Michele! Thank you again for inpiring!

    ReplyDelete