Friday, October 21, 2022

Layers of Holiday lovelies!

Hello, my Doodlebugs friends!  Michele here again where I'll be in serious
Holiday card-making-mode now!  I'm way behind so let's get into it, shall we?

Waffle Flower added this gorgeous Layered Poinsettia die set to their shop in
2021 and I'm so happy that Doodlebugs had it for me! 

Poinsettias happen to have
a special place in my heart - and they come in so many glorious colors!
Today's shades of orange come from a gorgeous photo my friend shared with me recently!
She found these at her Kroger store! I couldn't wait to recreate them!


First, I used those layering dies to cut enough for two blooms from watercolor cardstock.  Altenew to the rescue with this set of Warm & Cozy mini-ink cubes which I 'smooshed onto
my glass-mat and picked up with a wet brush - just really simple dabbing will do for
this mottled look.  Gluing and fluffing the layers and voila!

 

You'll notice that I've used that Altenew Slimline label again -
this time as the perfect place to plant my orange Poinsettia and
a heat-embossed sentiment from Waffle Flower's Oversized Joy.
There's a NEW coverplate in my studio - Spellbinders' Stitched Diamond Argyle!
I've left it unstitched and think it gives just the right amount of interest to
my card front without trying to steal the show!

A sprinkling of HoneyBee Warm Pearls and my job here is complete!

Thanks for stopping by! Hope your holiday card-making is going well?  I'd love to know if you create more than one of a kind.  Or is each card custom created for the recipient?  I seldom make more than one of each design - but I'm changing that for next week's card[s]!

See you then?

=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

15 comments:

  1. WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This is absolutely STUNNING Michele! I love the shades of orange on your beautiful Poinsettia's, the wonderful new cover plate die, and how you did your embossed sentiment too! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! You captured those orange-hued poinsettias perfectly! Such a pretty array!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you have outdone your self here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a gorgeous card, gorgeous poinsettia's! You always knock it out the park Michele, I love the way you did the poinsettia's, looks just like the photo and what a beautiful color too. One you don't expect for Christmas. Your slimline die is perfect for these beauties to sit on and that cover plate is beautiful, it doesn't steal the show, but plays so nicely with those stunning poinsettia's. Oh yeah, I am loving that cover plate! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Beautiful poinsettias in real life and on your card, Michele! You have recreated the mottled effect perfectly and they look so pretty on the label and your new coverplate! Just the right amount of interest for the background without taking away from the darling poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, Michele! I've never seen poinsettias this color and your take on them is spot on. Love you new die and the background is fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty, Michele! A perfect take on the photo. Love the shades of orange!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous card, you never fail to impress xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fabulous combination of products you've used to create this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You recreated Mother Nature beautifully, Michelle. I have several poinsettia stamps and at least one die but this one may need to be on my wish list. Not to mention the wonderful background die.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these are amazing poinsettias, Michele! So unique and beautiful! LOve this card!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I said it before and I'm going to say it again...gorgeous! I just love that color for the pointsettias. Your creativity is really top notch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Every inch of this card is simply stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just LOVE the mix of colors on your beautiful poinsettia Michele!

    ReplyDelete