Monday, July 31, 2023

Spellbinders and Mama Elephant Fun Shaped Scene Card with Extras Inside

Hello there! This is Amanda from Twiddler's Nook and I'm happy to be on the Doodlebugs blog today sharing a sweet camping scene card on a fun shaped card. Plus, I'm horrible at this usually, but I extended my sentiment and, sort of, my scene to the inside too. I think it turned out really fun and am excited to hear what you think.

Mama Elephant Around the Campfire and Spellbinders Modern Ovals

This card is extra fun with its different shape and that's easy to do with any large shape dies you may have.


I cut the largest Essential Modern Oval from Spellbinders from white and yellow cardstocks. I placed the white one in my scoring board and scored it about 1/4" away from the top edge. Then I added tear tape to that flap. This will be the back part of our card and hides the hinge on the back so it doesn't interrupt your scene on the front.

Then I cut the next smallest oval from blue cardstock and inked the top edge with chipped sapphire distress oxide ink and the bottom part with ground espresso. Then I spritzed it with my distress sprayer and blotted it dry. I also flicked gold watercolor on the top portion for some stars in the sky.


I chose a few sweet images to stamp, color and die cut from Mama Elephant's Around the Campfire. I love how these images mix and match for different camping scenes. Once these were ready to go, I arranged them on my oval to find the best spot to stamp and heat emboss the first part of my sentiment, which comes from Mama Elephant So Appreciated.

Mama Elephant Around the Campfire and Spellbinders Modern Ovals

Now we can assemble everything. I popped the scene panel up on the yellow panel with foam tape, then also popped up the moon and bunnies while the campfire is attached with liquid glue. Then, I removed the release paper and attached the back part of my card base. After it was attached I used a bone folder to really burnish the adhesive strip and also reinforce the fold so the card opens nicely.

Mama Elephant Around the Campfire and Spellbinders Modern Ovals

Next, I placed my open card in my MISTI and stamped the second part of my sentiment on the left side in black ink. After that I chose a couple of images from the front to stamp in light yellow ink. It gives a little something cute but if your writing goes over it, it's still visible.

Mama Elephant Around the Campfire and Spellbinders Modern Ovals

There was so much visual texture on the background panel that I just used an iridescent glitter pen on the flames and moon, along with black glaze pen on the bunny's eye and the other bunny's open mouth.

Do you stamp on the inside of your cards? Have you ever tried making a shaped card from your large dies? Share in the comments below!

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day! 
 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment