Thursday, July 6, 2023

Happy Home - Gnome Style

Are you a last minute birthday card designer or pick from a well stocked stash? I'm definitely last minute both because I tend to be that way but also so that I can design projects especially for the occasion.  A couple of weeks ago, my stepdaughter had a housewarming | birthday party at her new house.  This is how I was inspired:

birthday and housewarming card using the Mushroom House die from Lawn Fawn

My Stepdaughter is a high school teacher + avid reader.  She loves to read sci-fi + fantasy. We're super happy for her to be in her own home.  She's worked hard for it.


These are the supplies I used:
  • Lawn Fawn - Simply Summer Sentiments
  • Lawn Fawn - Beary Rainy Day stamps + lawn cuts
  • Lawn Fawn - Mushroom House
  • Lawn Fawn - Stitched Woodgrain
  • Lawn Fawn - Magic Iris
  • Lawn Fawn - Simple Wavy Banners
  • Pretty Pink Posh - Simple Sentiments
The pale blue stitched circle is from the Magic Iris set.  Yes I could have used a plain circle but why when I have a stitched one?

The hearts [smoke] are from Beary Rainy Day. I thought I could get away with using clouds for smoke but ended up with the hearts. I love how it gives it a cozy feel.


After I put everything together I noticed that the lower portion of the design had more 'free space' than the upper portion so I trimmed down the card.  The Stitched Woodgrain is perfect for that, very forgiving for miscalculations.

The weekend is just around the corner, I hope you can spend some time being crafty!
 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below:   

No comments:

Post a Comment