Thursday, July 13, 2023

Shaped Cards Using the Modern Ovals from Spellbinders

I love creating shaped cards or cards with an unexpected twist.  I had these watercolor floral images left from a previous project [you can view that here] and thought they'd be perfect embellishments for these shaped cards.

Spellbinders Essential Modern Ovals and Pinkfresh Studios Beautiful Blooms

Since I already had the floral images complete, the cards were super quick and easy to pull together.  I cut the ovals from the Essential Modern Ovals die set from Spellbinders.  I create the folded card by cutting two ovals and scoring the back oval across about a 1/2 down from the top.  I then add adhesive to the top portion of the card above the score line and secure them together.  There are several, great ways to create the fold for a shaped card.  This is what works best for me.

Spellbinders Essential Modern Ovals and Pinkfresh Studios Beautiful Blooms

I added a second oval (light grey) that was embossed with the Tile Reflections Embossing Folder from Spellbinders and added a small hot foiled sentiment from the Making Me Smile hot foil plate also from Spellbinders.

Quick and easy!

Thanks for stopping by!

Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:   

1 comment: