Monday, July 24, 2023

Hip Hip Hooray Hot Foiling with Spellbinders and Mama Elephant

Welcome, welcome friends! I'm so glad you stopped by today. I'm over on the Doodlebugs blog sharing a fun celebratory card featuring goodies from Spellbinders and Mama Elephant.

Today's creation could very well be a birthday card but it's also generic enough to celebrate just about anything you feel like!

Mama Elephant Celebration Hamsters and Spellbinders Hooray Hot Foil

I started my card today by stamping and coloring the two images from Mama Elephant Celebration Hamsters with my copic markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out and set them aside.

Mama Elephant Celebration Hamsters and Spellbinders Hooray Hot Foil

Next, I heated up my Glimmer Hot Foil System and foiled the Hip Hip Hooray with rose gold hot foil. I thought it went perfectly with the pink in my balloons. I used the coordinating die to cut it out and set it with my images for now.

Mama Elephant Celebration Hamsters and Spellbinders Hooray Hot Foil

Next, I embossed a 4x5.25 inch piece of white cardstock with the Spellbinders Balloons 3D embossing folder. Then I used a blending brush to add some teal ink to bring them to life. I added foam tape to the back and popped it up on a white card base.

Mama Elephant Celebration Hamsters and Spellbinders Hooray Hot Foil

Then I added my sentiment and images with foam squares and started on finishing touches. For this little cutie, I added black glaze pen to his eyes, glossy accents to his nose and a little stardust Stickles to the sparklers.

Mama Elephant Celebration Hamsters and Spellbinders Hooray Hot Foil

Last, for this sweetheart floating in the sky I added black glaze pen to his eyes too and glossy accents to his nose and ALL of those balloons. It might be a little extra, but I'm so okay with it! It's really fun and shines so pretty in the light.

These kind of cards are invaluable in my stash because sometimes you can't plan the type of celebration you need a card for and it's not always a birthday! Am I right!?!
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:

No comments:

Post a Comment