Friday, July 7, 2023

Bird of the Mountain - customizing die sets!

Hello, my Doodlebugs friends!  Michele here with my final Friday post!  Before I get started showing my card, I'd like to thank everyone who left their kind thoughts about my cards here at Doodlebugs - you know who you are, and I love and so appreciate every. single. kind word.

Ready for some fun?  What do you do when you get a fun die set from Altenew?  My first time out I often use their suggestions... but not today!  THIS time I was inspired by the scene outside my window - a gorgeous Baltimore Oriole on our HUMMINGBIRD FEEDER! Silly bird!

The Altenew Bird of the Mountain die set is a gorgeous Moussier's Redstart found in the mountains of northwest Africa. It has the same basic shape as my visitor - with a little 'tweaking' and color changes, here is my male Baltimore Oriole:

Create a Baltimore Oriole with the Altenew Bird of the Mountain
Those of you who are familiar with the ways in which he can be attracted to your own yards will know how appropriate it is to add this orange - am I right?


I did use colored cardstock to cut the various layers, but added a bit of blended inks to punch up the colors - and there is my inspiration found at All About Birds, Cornell's website. Tweaking the layers, and one extra layer of white using the 5th layer die, added those fabulous wing details.


Create a Baltimore Oriole with the Altenew Bird of the Mountain

I love this Dotted Geo cover die and the subtle interest it adds to the sky behind him - did you find 
my teensy little sentiment?

I hope you like him!  I have several friends who are as crazy as I am about birds!

Okay, one final thought - thank you Cathy for these many months on your design team - it is easy to love the products and service your shop offers and will continue to send folks your way!  

=] Michele
 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below:   

9 comments:

  1. This is awesome coloring for a Baltimore Oriole and they do like oranges! I have enjoyed your inspiration and introduction to Doodle Bugs. They are a great company to order from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous project. I love your color choices. I'm such a fan of your style Michele! Will miss your Doodlebugs projects but will definitely catch you on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a handsome oriole! Sad to see you leave Doodlebugs' blog but you know I'll still be lurking and being inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so amazed by this card Michele, the bird, the branch and orange....it is just really so gorgeous! I don't see Baltimore Oriole's or maybe I'm just missing them. I don't know, but need to read up on them since they are the mascot at Camden Yards, Baltimore. You do birds as well as you do flowers! I'm sad that you are leaving and won't be designing for Doodlebug anymore, but I totally understand the why of it. I know without a doubt, you will be missed here! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic and gorgeous is what this bird is, Michele. I have never seen a bird that looks like this. Those who have are so lucky! Thank you so much Michele for the oodles of inspiration you have shared in your time as a design team member. You rocked it! Good thing you'll still be posting on your own blog though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm a bird lover and collector of bird dies and this one is exquisite as an oriole. The orange tree branch is the perfect perch for him, too. I also love fruit dies. Gosh, I just want it all. You've got a beautiful card here and have always done an amazing job of enabling at Doodlebugs. I know you'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've done all Baltimore Orioles proud, Michele! This is fabulous! The citrus and fun background add to the beauty of your card. I've enjoyed each and every one of your posts here. I know you'll be missed, but I know right where to find you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the beautiful design of this Baltimore Oriole card, Michele! I really enjoyed your inspiring card every Friday here. You'll be missed.

    ReplyDelete