Monday, November 14, 2022

Decorating a Pre-made Gift Box


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing an upcycled treat box resulting from a miscalculation.  Say what?  Yep, a miscalculation.  

I had been experimenting with the Lawn Fawn Peek-A-Boo Pop Up dies and wanted to create a card where a bird flew down and placed a snowman's top hat on his head.  Cute, right?  What I failed to do was measure the height of the Lawn Fawn Build-A-Snowman.  He was simply too tall for the mechanism to work on an A2 card. Oh, well, let me use him somewhere else.


My first step in upcycling this treat box was to stamp it with Sunny Studio Snowman Kisses snowflakes in Hero Arts Unicorn Pigment Ink.  I then added a bunch of Lawn Fawn Snow Flurries Backdrop snowflakes and Lawn Fawn Mini Snowflakes along with spattering come Copic Opaque White for a cool bokeh effect.


On the interior flap of the box, I cut out and trimmed down a hill using the Lawn Fawn Peek-A-Boo Pop Up hillside die.  I then mounted the Copic-colored Lawn Fawn Build-A-Snowman guy on top of that, adding a couple of snowflakes and Waffle Flower Layered Winter Bird greenery behind him.

I added more greenery and the Lawn Fawn Build-A-Snowman bird along with the Avery Elle Happy Tags Holiday sentiment on front.


Wouldn't you love to come to the office and find this treat box on your desk? I certainly would!

I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  Have a great rest of your day!

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment