Friday, September 30, 2022

Quick and cozy Christmas cards!

Hello, Doodlebugs friends!  Michele here and I 
have a quick-and-easy Christmas card design to share with you today!
TOO EARLY for Christmas??  Not on your life!
I share hundreds with my friends at Bringing Smiles to Seniors each year!
Truth of the matter is I'm WAY behind!  Let's go...


I've used this gorgeous new Spellbinders Tufted embossing folder that embosses a half-sheet of card stock at once!  You do realize that's TWO card fronts at once, right?  What a time saver!

Speaking of time savers, I added this fabulous hot foil set to
my Christmas shopping basket at Doodlebugs!  It takes a minute [or twelve] to set up the die, but once they are foiled this clever little die [yes, it does come with] cuts the one you want to use just perfectly!


Don't forget to foil the negative, too! Just use one of these
solid plates, and heat it just a bit longer than normally for 
the best results.


There are 30 sentiments in this set - I found a few that sounded cuddly
for my tufted embossed pieces!


They coordinate so well with these Waffle Flower Crafts Merry Christmas
hot foil plate and die duo!


I found this piece of cardstock in my stash - sure wish I knew who made it!
Isn't it the prettiest 'satin-y' finish?

For an elevated elegant look, I used a gold foil from Michael's next...
but how gorgeous would they be in Lawn Fawn's gold and silver foil?


I cut this one down a bit to allow for a perfect white border.

I hope I've given you an idea for quick-and-easy card designs for Christmas!  See you again soon!
=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

12 comments:

  1. Michele... great ideas. I, too, am behind in my "donation" cards and love the simple embossing and sentiments. I don't have a hot foil machine but as I see the simple sentiment dies... you could just emboss these dies on cardstock...right? That would look great as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! There's a coordinating stamp set for this particular Waffle Flower set! [it's on my own wishlist!]

      Delete
  2. This tufting is so elegant! It looks like a satiny quilt and so perfect for Christmas cards! I'm all for getting two done at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the two card fronts with one pass that folder gives. Smart thinking Spellbinders! Amazing cards, Michele. Love the regal red version!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are stunning! That embossed background is a perfect foil (no pun intended) for those lovely sentiments! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely these shiny quilted looking cards are. Love the look especially with the foiled sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That satiny paper was amazing, Michele, and the embossing folder made it more so. I'm loving those sub sentiments. I feel an order coming on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards, Michele! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that embossing folder...it makes such an elegant background!! And the simple but elegant foiled sentiments are a perfect match...lovely, lovely Christmas cards Michele!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two gorgeous cards, Michele! I LOve the embossed tufted card fronts. The satin-y one, in particular, doesn't look like paper! The textured gold one is so festive and elegant!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS tufted embossing folder, which are a perfect place for these mini yet stand alone sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are so amazing and that embossing folder is spectacular! They look like they are stuffed! Great time saver for sure!

    ReplyDelete