Friday, September 2, 2022

Adding color to stamps in a fun way!

Hello my Doodlebug friends!  Michele here, and I've been sharing a really fun technique I learned recently that results in such a beautiful water-y colored image - more about that on my blog here.  Today, I want to show you what gorgeous results you can achieve with this technique on a favorite Altenew set:  Fairy Tale Florals.

A quick primer on the technique:

  • choose an outline image that you might watercolor - florals are perfect! Altenew has tons!
  • load the image onto the lid of your stamp positioner
  • add inks using finger daubers - the sky is the limit here, but I love Distress Oxides for it!
  • lightly mist the stamp, and stamp!  You might get what looks like a mess at first, but don't give up - just move those pools of ink into the image using a brush for a loose water colored look - btw you might get a wonderful second impression so have a second piece of watercolor paper at the ready!



I just love where the wet inks have mixed!  I did go back after my panel was dry to reinforce the stamping in the centers of these flowers.  

I've kept my card simple today by just dry embossing a wonky stitching around the edge and cutting a little tag from the image for my sentiment.

I hope you'll give this a try!  
=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

Assorted Distress Oxide Inks

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS Michele! Such a fun technique with fabulous results...you definitely look like a pro!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just may have to give this a try today. A beautiful floral card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, this is so pretty! You have a magic touch when it comes to cards! Thanks for sharing this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had this on my list to try, but haven't gotten there yet. This is just so gorgeous. I love the colors you've used here. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun technique and beautiful result! Couldn't go wrong with that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving that round tag that is cut from the image. Cool effect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, yes, this is a good stamp for the amazing technique. You did it sooo beautifully, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the amazing watercolor-look results and the creative sentiment tag, Michele!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This technique was perfect for these blooms and leaves...such a pretty card, Michele!

    ReplyDelete