Friday, September 23, 2022

Are you impressed by 3D embossing?

Hi, Doodlebugs friends!  Michele here with my newest addition to my ever-growing stash of embossing folders!!  Do you love them as much as I do?  [Not even sure if that's possible!]  Today, I'm adding color to those gorgeous, raised patterns even though most of the time I'm just as happy with their glorious detail as is!

Spellbinder's 3D Beautiful Blooms is a large folder that embosses a half sheet of cardstock at once!  You know what that means?  TWO card fronts at once!  I colored these blooms in fall colors today and got those little finger daubers out again, using a very soft touch, trying very hard to ink just the raised images.  I love Distress Oxides for this treatment - love their 'creaminess' and know that I'll be able to 'clean up' if I get a little overzealous with my daubing!


After all the colors were added, I press my daubers onto my glass mat to pick up with
a wet paint brush to add a light wash of color to the background and to add a bit of splatter:


My sentiment is from Altenew - even though this one isn't found in our
Doodlebugs shop there are 11 pages of die-cut sentiments - I think you'll find
just the right one for your embossed card!  Perhaps a thanks? 


Here is another tool that is great for getting into those tiny floral centers!
Waffle Flower's Shader Brush worked its charm on these sweet 



I have found the original Distress Inks perfect for really water-y background painting as
they are less likely to oxidize [change color] when adding water and drying.

That's it for me today!  Hope I've given you a little idea for what to do in YOUR craft room this weekend!
=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

Sentiment Dies

13 comments:

  1. They are both stunning, but I admit that the first one with that big bold sentiment is my FAV!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me itch to get out some of my newer efs. Gorgeous cards as always Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful EF you've used! The autumn colors are perfect and I love that gorgeous die cut sentiment. Marvelous works of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Fall card! Love the deep embossing and gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad I got to see these beauties in person. As good as your photography is, it can't beat real life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your painting on the embossed images is just incredible. Both such beautiful creations. I am especially so in love with the first one. Fall has arrived and I am so feeling the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful cards, thanks for sharing your technique xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your coloring on these embossing folders is AWESOME Michele, and both cards are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two terrific cards, and your coloring (no matter the media) is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fantastic, Michele! Your coloring accentuates the depth and detail of the 3D embossed flowers and leaves. The light wash and splatter are wonderful touches, and the black die-cut sentiment gives a great contrast to the soft background.
    The pretty cherry blossoms are just like the ones I saw in Tokyo this spring.
    Thank you so much for sharing the info on coloring with Oxide Inks and original Distress Inks! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I just say.....I agree completely with Hideko's (Papercraft Boutique's) detailed comment, Michele. I loved your watercoloring techniques with DOX and DI's and plan to try using on my 3D folders...my stash of folders is growing..lol!! TFS both your beautiful cards. I do have the Altenew Blending Brushes & Detailed Ink Blending Tools too:-) You have me inspired, my creative friend. Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete