Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Using Copics to Add Color to Die Cuts....

 


Hello and happy Wednesday everyone. I am sharing this mermaid-themed bookmark with you today. I used the pretty Mermazing Mermaid die from Lawn Fawn.




I love reading (in case you didn't know that about me, lol) so creating fun and interactive bookmarks is something I love to do. I began by die-cutting the layers to create the mermaid. I used Copic markers to add colors to each section of the mermaid. 
Copics Used: 
Hair: E49, E47, E44, E43, E41
Skin: E50, E51, E21, E23, R01, RV42
Fin and top: YR21, YR23, E15, E08, YR27, E35




I then used the Bookmark It die set to create the bookmark base. I added color to both layers using Distress Inks. I used Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers, Broken China, and Chipped Sapphire. For the sand area, I used Gathered Twigs and Brushed Corduroy





I then used the flower layers from the Picked Posie die set from Concord & 9th to create the clamshell and the seaweed around the mermaid along with the greenery from the Backdrop Tropical Leaves die set. I added a bit of color to the 'clamshell' and the seaweed using Rustic Wilderness Distress Ink.





 
To create the frame I used one of the smaller rectangles from the Large Mini Slimline Stackables dies set to die-cut the opening from one of the layers created using the Bookmark It die set. 





I then heat embossed the sentiment from the Paint-A-Flower Hydrangea stamp set onto the bottom layer of the bookmark. Next, I heat embossed the sentiment from the Dream Big stamp set onto a vellum speech bubble die cut using the speech bubble from the Bookmark It dies set.


I hope you enjoy the card I created to share with you today. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day. Please feel welcome to visit me on my blogIG or Pinterest.

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment