Friday, August 5, 2022

Coloring Picked Posies!

Good morning, Doodlebugs friends!  Michele here with another simple way to 'color' your blooms - this time using colored card stock!  We all have it, right?  I can't remember the last time I used it for a card base.  Take a peek at how beautifully they stack up using this wonderful new Concord & 9th Picked Posie...


I found a few snippets that were perfectly sized for the dies in this set - love when that happens!


With their coordinating Picked Posie Greetings set, adding a sentiment just got prettier!


I planted my paper posies onto an oval found in my snippets -
btw that gorgeous detail comes from Pinkfresh Studio's Sparkling Diamonds cover die.

After creating this card, I took another look at the variety of posies in that 
die set and found a cute way to give you Second Helpings today!


Aren't those cute?  This is a mini-slimline sized card using Pinkfresh Studio's 
Mini-Slimline Essentials bundle of dies, and the big hello from that Picked Posie greetings set.

So, do you have a favorite?  A bit of colored cardstock?  I hope I've inspired you to use it to add color to your blooms!  btw if you don't have room for full-sized collections of colored cardstocks, Altenew has a wonderful gradient collection that is an easy size to accommodate in most any craft studio!

=] Michele
 
 Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 
 

9 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL cards Michele, and LOVE that it's all cardstock! (I definitely have my fair share of it!! Haha!!) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two delightful cards, Michele! The first one says summer to me with those darling bright blooms! I'm a sucker for red, aqua and kraft... add in that soft pink and wowee, it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are so charming, Michele! Love the detail and that special Michele touch you add to each card you create!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh these are so darling, Michele. Love the colors and the bold blooms and sentiments. Really love the second card's color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colors and your embossed oval are so so good! Both cards are terrific! Vikki H

    ReplyDelete
  6. These posies look so happy and fun, Michele! I love this card! The colors of the flowers go so well with the 2 shades of green you used. The debossed oval backdrop and the flowing sentiment strip add more fun! The mini-slimline card is so cute too!! The kraft color dots are a great finishing touch!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, love these colors together, and the dies and sentiment sets are perfect combos. The slimline is sweet, too, really showing off those big words.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, those fabulous posies are even more so because of the colors you chose for them. Mounting them off the edge on that diamond pierced oval adds so much to your composition. I really love everything about this card. The second one is fabulous too. I love the kraft base, those wonderful edges and the absolutely perfect and precise placement of the sentiment and flowers. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful blooms! Love the bright colors and that awesome sentiment! The second helping makes a nice nibble too!

    ReplyDelete