Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Layering Die-Cuts....

 


Happy Wednesday everyone. I am sharing this super fun shaker card with you today. I used the Simply Hexagons and the beautiful Magnolia Perfect Pairings dies. 




I began by using the largest rectangle from the Basic Rectangles Creative Cuts die set to die-cut the base of the card and the clear layer to create the shaker. I then used the Simply Hexagons die to die cut the frame for the shaker. Next, I used the  Magnolia Perfect Pairings die to die cut the magnolia layer. I then glued vellum under the open flower and leaves. I then used the Honey Bees Paper Piecing die set to create the little bees. 




Next, I added color to the base layer of the card using Cracked Pistachio and Peacock Feathers, and a bit of Mermaid Lagoon Distress Inks. For the bees and hexagon shapes and the flowers, I used Squeezed LemonadeMustard Seed, Wild Honey, and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks. For the leaves, I used Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn Distress Inks. 




Next, I used the Tailgate Alphabet set to die-cut the letters to create the 'B..ZZZ' from black cardstock. I then stamped the sentiment from the Love Poems stamp set onto one of the hexagons. 

I hope you enjoy the card I created to share with you today. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by. I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day. Please feel welcome to visit me on my blogIG or Pinterest.

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment