Monday, August 8, 2022

Using Layers to Create Diecut Shadows


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a tropical card perfect for summer.


I used My Favorite Things Party Time 6x6 Paper as the background and realized that the Sunny Studio Summer Greenery diecuts in greens didn't pop as much as I thought they would.  

Recut in a different color? Ick. Add a white "shadow?"  Yes!


The offset white leaves beneath helps to differentiate them from the background.  It also pulls the white from between the designer paper stripes and ties into the white sentiment I had cut from Lawn Fawn Henry's ABCs. Nifty!


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  Have a great rest of your day!

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment