Friday, July 29, 2022

Hello orchids!


I've had such a fun time water coloring this month and hope you've enjoyed it, too!  Today, the last Friday of July, I've decided I just had to share a new die from Waffle Flower Craft and the simplest way to add the color to their gorgeous Layered Orchids!  

My card started by simple die-cutting those petal layers from 110# white cardstock.  Then I searched for Orchids on my phone to find one I'd like to use as a guide... here's what I found:


After a good smattering of Copic dots on the petals, I used Copics to add color the stamen as well!  To mix it up a little I die cut the stems from kraft cardstock, and again in a chartreuse. 


A brand-new HELLO from Waffle Flower has found a permanent home
in my favorites stash - love it layered over vellum!



I am so in awe of anyone who can keep orchids blooming in their home!  These will be fresh for a very long time!

Thanks for stopping by today - hope you have a happy crafty weekend!
=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

11 comments:

  1. I am NOT a pink person, but I gotta tell you I love everything about this wonderful card! The orchids with the dots....oh, my! And I love the twist on the greeting placement - very unique. And the colors make it all pop. I doubt I'll see such beauties when I go to Kauai in September. Thanks for sharing this gem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Gosh. Michele!! I am absolutely in LOVE with this card!! Your Orchids with all their pretty dots and dimension, and that FABULOUS "HELLO" along with the bright pink make this a swoon worthy card!!! Absolutely BEAUTIFUL my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You nailed those orchids perfectly! Wow! This is a stunner for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Those orchids are very authentic looking. What a cheerful hello!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I Iove this card, Michele, especially the colors and the designs! The layered orchids with Copic dots are so beautiful, and they're arranged so perfectly with the sentiment! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am totally in love with this card, Michele! Your color palette is gorgeous and I love all of your details...Bravo, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh.so.pretty Michele!! So lifelike and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've added those WF orchids to my stash too, Michele. You'll see them tomorrow. ;) I love them dotted and need to try that.

    ReplyDelete