Friday, July 15, 2022

Honey Bee I'd flip for a pair of these!


Hello my Doodlebug friends!  It's Friday and I have such a fun card to share with you today - you should know that as soon as the temperatures reach 55 F. the flip-flops come out until Fall around here!  [that is when shoes are required at all =]

My card started simply just by cutting these darling flip flops from Honey Bee out of 110# white cardstock several times, and one more time from fun-foam...


Then I took a good look through my floral stamp sets until I found the perfect
embellishments for my custom flip flops!  Altenew Peony Bouquet to the rescue - after all blueberry season will soon be upon us here in Michigan!
My little berry sprigs were stamped, Copic colored, then cut with their coordinating dies.
Aren't they the perfect size? 


I was in need of a graduation card for a sweet girl who is a totally RAD GRAD!
Thanks to Honey Bee's Flip Flip Builder, an old [discontinued] MFT stamp set yet STILL available All the Encouragement dies, and a Fine Alpha set from Altenew, 
I was able to say what I wanna say with a combination of stamping and die-cutting!


I'm hoping by the time this goes live, we'll have that well-loved Altenew Dotted Swirls debossing die back in stock... it's a workhorse in my studio, isn't it?  Even without it, this MFT Elegant Rectangles panel makes a stunning place to flip those flops!  lol

This one's heading to the mail, and I'm heading to the beach for a walk!  Hope your weekend includes lots of crafty time!

=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:

10 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE this card Michele, and I think that certain special someone will LOVE it too! And I really do want a pair of flip flops just like those...SOOOOO CUTE!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is AMAZING! What a fun way to decorate an already-fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I know anyone, especially your rad recipient, would LoVe this adorable card. Such a brilliant design - you are so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How clever to add the little flower/leaf spray on the flip flops and even more clever that it fitted so perfectly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun and fantastic is this card and those flip flops are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a flip flop kinda gal and I would love to have a pair just like these! Gorgeous right down to the foam sole, my friend! A fantastic card for a rad Grad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these fun and lovely flip flops, Michele! The fun-foam sole makes the flip flops look even more real! Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, goodness, these are soooo cute! I would totally wear these back in the day. These days it's more fun to simply decorate them on a card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your berry adorned flip flops are as cute as they can be! What a darling grad card, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this so much I can hardly stand it! My kind of footware, if I have to have any.

    ReplyDelete