Monday, July 18, 2022

Partial Stencilling without Masking on a One Layer Card


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a floral card with a selectively stenciled background.

I started by stamping the fantastic Pinkfresh Studio Chrysanthemum onto Strathmore Bristol using Versafine Onyx Black. 


Here's where the selective stencilling comes in. I am not a huge fan of masking, totally because I'm lazy. What I tend to do instead is to be careful with my sponging, trying to minimize overlap with the stamped image. And if it overlaps a bit, big whoop; I'll just paint or color right over it. Sneaky!

This method obviously would not work if the overlapping color is too dark but perfect here.


In this case, I sponged the MFT Sunrise Radiating Rays stencil with Distress Oxide Squeezed Lemonade then watercolored the image with Zigs. I added shadows using Polychromos.

I embossed the Altenew Paint-a-Flower African Daisy sentiment in black. I added some black and white spatters and finally a thin strip of Altenew Gold Washi.


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  Have a great rest of your day!

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment