Monday, July 4, 2022

Beach Happy One Layer Card


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a refreshing summer scene.  I'm so jealous!

This month on the DB blog, we're focusing on one layer cards. These can be quite challenging, depending on your mindset. I love one layer cards because they force me to think outside the box and work a little harder too.  Let me explain.


In this example, I stamped Avery Elle Beachy bunny first then the umbrella which I wanted to appear as though it were behind her.  This required me to mask off the bunny's head.  Inkadinkado Masking Paper to the rescue!

Next I stamped the Sunny Studio Ocean View image but didn't mask the card front.  Instead, I masked the right side of the beach and water.  Those were just straight lines so I drew them back in around the bunny and umbrella.


I colored the scene with Zigs and am quite pleased with the sunset.  I used Derwent fine and medium tip water brushes which worked a treat with the Zigs. Just look at those colors.

Can you imagine seeing this in real life? This would be a dream vacation for me. Heaven!


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  Have a great rest of your day!

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment