Friday, July 8, 2022

Pretty Pink Posh Flourishing Fuchsias!


There are few flowers that can draw in the sweetest little feathered friends the Hummingbirds to our garden like a big hanging basket of Fuchsias!  There are few sets that represent these flowers more beautifully than this favorite from Pretty Pink Posh!  this Flourishing Fuchsias is another perfect image for no-line coloring - and every other technique I know of!


A little closeup shows the details of the process of building up shadows while
keeping highlights when no-line water coloring.  This time the images were stamped with
Abandoned Coral Distress Ink, and also water colored with Distress Inks - the coral again, and dusty concord to be exact!


The subtle stamping of the leaves in the background was achieved by
picking up ink from my pad, then pouncing into water spritzed on my glass mat before
stamping randomly on my card panel using an acrylic block.


The fuchsias and their leaves were cut using the coordinating dies, popped up in a
few places and arranged on my slimline card panel.  The leftover watery ink was splattered here and there with a water brush, and my sentiment from Honey Bee's My Favorite Flower set, stamped in grey ink, was the finishing touch.  


I have much better luck with Fuchsias than I have with Hydrangeas!  Perhaps it's the Hummingbirds that give them the loving care needed to make them flourish?

Have a wonderful weekend my friends!

=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

8 comments:

  1. Beautifully done, Michele! I like the softness your no-line coloring gave the blooms and your signature gray was perfect for the leaves! Another marvelous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say you've definitely mastered the no-line water-coloring technique perfectly Michele...this card is BEAUTIFUL!! Love the soft colors and the gray...soooo pretty!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Michele. You are a master at this type of watercoloring! In awe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the softness of this one. Thanks for the info on how you achieved the look xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring and design are exquisite, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing no-waterclored Fuchsias, and perfect layout for the slimline card, Michele!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful no-line coloring, Michele! I love that you chose a slimline card for your design, too...it's perfect for the Fuchsias! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How absolutely gorgeous, Michele. Fuchsia is one of my favorite plants. You have created such a beautiful piece of art with those stamps and inks. Your use of gray is always so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete