Monday, July 25, 2022

One Layer Masculine Birthday Card


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a masculine card that's perfect for those summer birthdays.

I started by stamping the Avery Elle Jawsome Wishes and Waffle Flower Sea Birthday images onto Copic-friendly cardstock. 


I colored the images using Copics, taking my color inspiration for the octopus from a picture I saw online.  I love how the purple tentacles transition into the orange body and carried those colors over to the shark's accessories.


I think one layer cards lend themselves well to masculine cards as they're not very fussy. 

I did compromise on my desire for more fussiness, so to speak, by adding waves using Distress Oxide Salty Ocean stamped off to create different shades.  I add the bubbles to hide a smudge (you can just see it to the left of the octopus' hat).  I'm sneaky that way.


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  Have a great rest of your day!

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment