Monday, May 16, 2022

Unisex Sympathy Card


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a simple sympathy card in a neutral and natural palette. I find sympathy cards among the hardest to design and usually go with something from nature.

For this card, I first cut out the Mama Elephant Tri Window Cover so I could use those rectangles, saving the border part for a later project.

I sponged the rectagles with Distress Oxide Chipped Sapphire, Rustic Wilderness, and Bundled Sage for a calming ombre effect.  I then spattered the lot with water.


I used the leftover border portion to help me figure out where to stamp the Pinkfresh Studio Always Uplifting sentiment which I had masked to use only the top line.  I did this prior to affixing the rectangles to the card base as the rectangle would interfere with making a clear stamping.

Next I diecut the Sunny Studio Spring Greenery ferns and sprayed them with Dina Wakley Tangerine Gloss Spray.  I could have easily used Distress Oxide Rusty Hinge for a similar effect.


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  Have a great rest of your day!

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

1 comment:

  1. Toni, this is really stunning! These are blues, and greens I could surround myself with!
    =]

    ReplyDelete