Friday, May 6, 2022

Tulips and rainbow starburst!

Hello, my friends, and happy weekend eve!  Michele here, and I'm delivering Spring tulips to you today - do you love tulips as much as I do?


I found a beautiful rainbow of color to these gorgeous Waffle Flower Crafts tulips today with Copic markers chosen from the rainbow of hues in my background created with the Pinkfresh Studio Layered Starburst stencils!

With a penknife, I was able to cut even those intricate pieces with 
care - use a self-healing mat while cutting...


... and here's a tip - smooth those cuts from the backside like so:


Nobody will ever know you didn't use a die to cut them!



A simple stitched rectangle die to 'finish' the edge, and a few Pinkfresh jewels, and this card is ready to be delivered!  I found this sentiment among my many snippets - but THIS ONE from Waffle Flower would be a wonderful addition to any stash!

Hope you have a wonderful [crafty] weekend!

=] Michele

 Links to products used or recommended are listed below:

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely GORGEOUS and love the colorful background too...it goes perfectly with those lovely tulips!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That beautiful rainbow of happy color reminds me of the joy tulips give you! Awesome job cutting those tulips out. This is simply marvelous, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tulips! I love the variety of colors and as always your coloring is spot on! Fancy cutting too! And that stenciled background is such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my..Gorgeous soft Copics Spring colors for your stenciled rainbow background and pretty tulips bouquets. I am so impressed with your craft knife cutting of the flower images. It sure does look like you die cut your flowers. Love your Oh Happy Day sentiment too. TFS my friend. Love and Hugs....Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Michele. Such lovely colors! Thanks for the great tip for smoothing out after fussy/pen blade cutting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those colours, such a fabulous background and how brave to cut those tulips with a blade. I know I would have sliced right through them xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card...love the rays behind the gorgeous diecut flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card and tutorial Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Many thumbs up for this one! Love the double tulip spray so beautifully cut, and the rainbow sunrays -- wow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking at these beautiful shades of rainbow colors and pretty tulips makes me so happy! Great job done, Michele!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What pretty tulips, amazing 'fussy cutting' and WOW to that beautiful layered sunburst x.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMWord, this tulip card is stunning Michele! First off I am so loving those tulips and the way you have colored them. Then there is that fabulous background, so colorful but in a soft pastel way. Love, love, love! But then you know how much of a fan I am of your cards and you! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete