Friday, May 20, 2022

Altenew Paint-a-Flower on an Oval Card!

Helloooo, and thanks for stopping by today!  Michele here today with a fun shaped card, and my newest addition to my Altenew Paint-a-Flower stash:  Camellia!


I've stamped it onto a Copic friendly cardstock, with Copic friendly grey ink
then picked a few Copic colors based on this gorgeous photo I found on
the interweb... my favorite way to find color variations of flowers!


Really simple coloring using the darker shades where shadows fall and leaving just the tiniest bit of white near the tips of the petals.  It could have all gone wrong quickly when adding the flicks of bright RV09 but it's only paper - I can always start again!  

After all my coloring was done, I cut it using an oval die from Waffle Flower Crafts.  I also created an oval card front 1/2 inch larger, that fits over an oval card base cut using the same die - only dropped down from the top fold just a bit.  It will stand just fine if you snip a little 'flat' spot from the bottom of the back panel, too.


OH, if you snip between the words of those tiny sentiments, 
you can bend/curve them to fit just about anywhere!
Stamping it on acetate first helps get that curvature right.



I just love the sentiments in this set.  The main sentiment was stamped in that same grey and fussy-cut before popping it up just a touch.  Don't you just love those little blue berries among this bouquet?

Altenew has also just released a Camellia Coloring Stencil for this set!  

=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:

7 comments:

  1. Sweet and thanks for the tip on the snips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty camellias, Michele! The oval card gives them a very elegant resting place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous, Michele, and I do love those blue berries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card. So pretty and encouraging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've captured the essence of the real deal beautifully! Love the oval shape too. This is frame worthy, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Michele, and yes, I do love those little "blue" berries!!

    ReplyDelete