Monday, May 9, 2022

Throwback Videogame Themed Card


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a card that's a throwback to the 80s. Oh, what fond memories!


I'm definitely a child of the 80s as the moment I saw the Pinkfresh Studio Geo Blocks Layered Stencils I thought about Qbert on the Atari. I was a Pacman and Frogger girl myself but certainly gave Qbert a chance.

Of course, it's not like I have a Qbert stamp lying around so I worked up my own version using a circle die, hand drawn nose/mouth and feet, and giant googly eyes which--yes--I had in my stash.  This is why I like buying multi-size packs of things!  LOL.


I gave him just a touch of shading with Copics over the Distress Oxide. Btw, I don't recommend making that a common practice, but a quick swipe from time to time hasn't harmed my Copics that I can tell.

To finish the card, I embossed the MFT Essential Sentiment and diecut "DUDE" out of navy cardstock using Lawn Fawn Oliver's Stitched ABCs.


Now time to wait for the perfect moment to give this to a coworker who is a huge 80s fan and tech guy.

I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  Have a great rest of your day!

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment