Friday, May 13, 2022

Altenew stamps, dies, and butterflies!

 

Happy weekend-eve, Doodlebug friends!  My husband and I are celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary today - for those that know us, you'll also know that having a butterfly on my card is quite appropriate for the day.  My husband lovingly collects tiny little Monarch butterfly eggs to safely 'bloom' them in an enclosure on our front porch! We've added hundreds and hundreds of Monarchs back into nature each year for the last 10 years or so!

Altenew's Leaf Clusters stamps, and coordinating dies helped me create a beautiful environment for this sweet little Dream Big butterfly to land!  Here is how it all came together:


First by determining which branches I wanted in the forefront
then stamping and die cutting them from this 4 x 8.5" panel.


Next, choosing the background branches, and ink colors and stamping
them right over the top of those cuts.




Since my final layers are in shadow, I chose Soft Lilac
to ink them, a soft lavender foam to back my die cuts,
and soft lavender paper to back the panel:


The final touch?  a few Pinkfresh Studio jewels, this lovely butterfly,
and from that same set, a sentiment to live by!
NEWS!!  Doodlebugs just added the Slimline Apothecary Labels set!  
I can hardly wait to make it my own!




I hope you spend the weekend with someone you love doing something that makes you happy - thanks for stopping by!
=] Michele
 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

9 comments:

  1. CAS and absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is pure loveliness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, thanks for sharing the process with us too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a whole lot of pretty for our dear butterfly loving friends! I like the idea you shared of die cutting, stamping, then adding the die cuts back in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your step by step and the beautiful result! Of course you would include a butterfly after all we await each season's hatch on your blog! Happy happy anniversary! Vikki H

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! I so appreciate that you showed how you achieved this look Michele! Happy Anniversary and I love seeing your butterflies in real life and on your cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors and the amazing dimension on this delicate and beautiful card. Thanks for sharing your process. I like that magnet you have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful -- and your pre-planning skills are pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A 'dream' of a card, love the design and the layering and I enjoyed reading the step by steps x.

    ReplyDelete