Monday, May 23, 2022

A Special Birthday for an Old Goat


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a super cute birthday card for that special goat in your life. I mean guy in your life!  LOL.

My partner is always intrigued with my interactive cards so I rather went all out with this one. 


The Lawn Fawn Platform Pop-Up dies are really easy to use and as always there's a helpful video you can watch. This one isn't as fiddly as some of the other interactive dies I've used; I don't even think I'll need to rewatch the video in the future to use it again.

I assembled the Lawn Fawn Platform Pop-Up per the video, adding the Doodlebug Design gingham around the perimeter except for the very back to leave room for a personal message. 

NOTE: If you wish to add a sentiment to the bottom as I did, you'll want to do that before assembly or else the interior mechanism will interfere with the stamping (ask me how I know!).


I cut out the hill and 2 of the grass dies included in the set. I trimmed a bit off the bottom of the hill and middle grass diecuts so when you look at the card straight on, there's height differential.

I added the Lawn Fawn Build-a-Barn to the very back of the pop-up.  Take a closer look at the barn. I used the Honey Bee Barn Wood Planks dies to give it a woodgrain texture.

I added some Lawn Fawn Little Picket Fence Borders on either side of the barn.


Next I colored up the Lawn Fawn You Goat This and Lawn Fawn Tiny Farm images using Copics.  I also added dots of color to the top of the platform to represent dirt. 

I used liquid glue to adhere the images to the various layers as the pieces are quite small so that seemed easier than my beloved Scor-Tape.


Behind the barn I added the Waffle Flower Outlined Clouds lightly sponged with whatever blues were leftover on my brush.

I then adhered a second barn I had cut out in plain white to hide the "uglies" and give me a spot to add the Lawn Fawn Berry Special sentiment.


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  Have a great rest of your day!

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment