Friday, March 31, 2023

Why wait until April when there is a perfect Spellbinders Umbrella blooming right now?

When is it a delight to be caught without an umbrella?  When your umbrella is filled with flowers, that's when!

Hello, Doodlebugs friends!  It's the end of March and I'm sure some of you have already been blessed with a full-on Spring - it's not always a given in Michigan where I live!  So today I created my own flowers in a rainbow of colors and filled this sweet Spellbinders umbrella to send a little cheer to a friend. 

Spellbinders Umbrella Blooms


I've used colored cardstock for many of my die-cut blooms lately - today I found plenty of
white snippets in my recycle bit the perfect size to cut the blooms and greenery that are included in this Spellbinders Umbrella Bloom set!


I used my Copic alcohol markers to color them, and my umbrella, in a rainbow of shades!

I love all the options Spellbinders designer Vicky Papaioannou designed for this umbrella!

Spellbinders Umbrella Blooms


I'll share a closeup of my sentiment - from Pinkfresh Studio a darling Take Care die that cuts an outline, and the alphas in one cut - today I opted to use only the outline and adhered it to a simple snippet of vellum - that wonderful Ornate Medallions die is just too pretty to cover up completely!

May your gardens be full of flowers and your umbrellas dry, my friends!  Happy Weekend!
=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I really like that you die cut the umbrella pieces in white and colored them. The umbrella is beautiful! The posies in the umbrella are lovely, too. And that coverplate die cut background really sets it all off. Such a pretty card, Michele. Lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely rainbow you've given us with your sweet flower filled umbrella! I like the way it pops on the dotty white background. Wonderful spring card, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we'd be using the umbrella the other way today Michele as the rain is coming down like crazy here! But I like your version filled with lovely posies much better! And great way to use up all those small scraps of white! I love your coverplate background too...really need to remember to use that die! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE it! That little umbrella filled with all those pretty flowers is certainly a cheerful note on this pretty card. Yep, like Marcia, we'll be using it the OTHER way this weekend---as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely umbrella just filled with colorful blooms! So pretty Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! to a colorful umbrellas filled with colorful blooms--SO pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michele this is stunning...might just have taken over #1 in my list of faves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wouldn't this make a delightful bridal shower card? So pretty in a rainbow of colors, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful umbrella filled with sweet spring blossoms! I think bright umbrellas are perfect for rainy days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's every bit as pretty as I expected it to be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely umbrella filled with pretty flowers in rainbow colors, Michele! The background texture and the die-cut sentiment are wonderful!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is just so bright, and spring-like and wonderful. I love the colors and the shading and that wonderful background. I think my favorite detail is that little slanted cut on the left side of the vellum. Great touch to go with all the rest of the deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I'm definitely not disappointed in seeing the whole card after the sneaky peek! Wow! I am in love with this card and that umbrella full of flowers! Love how the background has visual interest but lets the umbrella and flowers just pop off the card. I'm totally in love with that sentiment too and love how you get both the outline and the letters in one pass. That is my kind of die! Again, I'm totally in love with this bright and cheerful card, hoping it brighten someone's day in person because it sure brightened my gloomy Friday! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete