Monday, March 6, 2023

Create a die cut, heart shaped card

Anyone else have lots of die cut hearts sitting around in their crafty space?  I cut quite a few hearts last month for Valentine's Day projects and decided I'd challenge myself to use what I have left to create friendship and thank you cards.

Today I'm featuring a heart shaped card I created with the Spellbinders Essential Hearts dies.

Heart shaped cards with Spellbinders be bold blooms and essentials hearts die
This was a super easy card to create.  I added a bunch of layered, floral images to the front of a heart that was slightly smaller that the heart shape I was using for my folded card base. The flower dies are from the Be Bold Bloom set from Spellbinders.

This is how I created the folded base.  1.  Cut two hearts from the same sized heart shape die.  2. Score one of the dies across the top of the heart at 1/2 inch.  This will be the back of  your card.  3.  Glue the heart that you will be using for the front of your card,  to the heart you cut and scored for the back of your card.  Only add the glue to the 1/2 inch portion of the card, above the score line, securing the two pieced together.  4.  Cut approximately 1/2 inch from the bottom tip of the heart on the back portion of the card. This will help it to stand up straight on display.


Heart shaped cards with Spellbinders be bold blooms and essentials hearts die
I added the smaller, embellished heart to the front of my card.  The sentiment was hot foiled, but you could stamp a sentiment if you don't have a hot foiling system.

Hope this inspired you to create a shaped card.  They are so much fun.

Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

No comments:

Post a Comment