Friday, March 10, 2023

Are you a narcissus?

Or a daffy-dil?  ha!  Hello my Doodlebugs friends!  Michele here at my silliest again!  But seriously - what is the difference between a Daffodil and a Narcissus? My search on the internet answered my question:  the IS NO difference!  To top it all off they are also called Jonquils!  OY!

I had a really soothing take-my-own-sweet-time water coloring session with the gorgeous Build-a-Flower: Narcissus layering set from Altenew recently.  All I can say is I went with my memory of those growing in my mom's garden when I was a kid.  She never once got mad at me for picking a little bouquet for our neighbor!  Such a beautiful first look at Spring!

Altenew Build a Flower Narcissus

The perfect sentiment was found in the same set!

Altenew Build a Flower Narcissus

Think I used some fancy water coloring pigments?  Think again - simply grabbed a few
dye inks in various shades of my memories!

Altenew Build a Flower Narcissus

A few highlights by leaving some areas untouched, drying time between layers of ink, and
a few splatters [hope the recipient doesn't mind that wayward splat] from leftovers, and an additional bloom die cut with the coordinating dies, and my job here is done!


Happy weekend eve, my friends!
=] Michele

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:   

Link to Distress Inks

13 comments:

  1. This may be your most beautiful floral EVER, Michele! I remember I planted ones just like that the fall before Dana was born, but sadly, we never got to see them bloom! Such gorgeous colors and coloring! You're the ace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with LeAnne. I think this is the best ever! You remember the colors so well and transferred that memory perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully done -- the layering is such an elevation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glorious! Mine are budding, but no blooms yet! Absolute fabulous job, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful job of watercoloring, Michele. I can really lose track of time when I start watercoloring. I need to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic, Michele. Your watercoloring skills are top notch. I admire your patience and talent. Lucky is the recipient of this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love this design where one flower is die cut and placed with the one that is not. Such depth and beauty. I love your color choices, as usual, and your splatter fest is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with all of the above Michele and think this is truly one of your best masterpieces EVER!! Your water coloring is just FABULOUS on your Daffodils (they'll always be Daffodils to me!) and this whole card just screams Spring and I love, LOVE it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your daffodils are beautiful, Michele! Love the colors you've masterfully watercolored them in! This brings back memories of drinking in the spring flowers on my walks with Max : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had me scratching my head Michele, because I thought that a daffodil and a narcissus was the same....only to find out they are the same. LOL Which is what I thought! And yours are stunning! Your watercoloring...oh my gosh, it is just amazing looking, which doesn't surprise me at all. Love this card! It is stunning! I was awful as a child for picking flowers that didn't belong to me, but as a child it was considered cute. Trouble was it followed me into teen/young adulthood. And then it got me yelled at. LOL I was always picking flowers....but have learned to only pick my own now. LOL Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tee hee, funny title... but, wow, your watercolor! Gorgeous stamp and colors. A droolworthy creation!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your watercolored Daffodils/Narcissus/Jonquils are absolutely beautiful, Michele! Love how you layered the die-cut flower and the leaf!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What's a wayward splat or two among friends? Makes life interesting or in your case more beautiful......gorgeous flowers and beautifully splashed with color. I am definitely a daffy-dil....

    ReplyDelete