Wednesday, March 1, 2023

No line watercoloring with Concord and 9th Blended Petals

Today I'm sharing my final cards using the Blended Petals stamp from Concord & 9th.  I used the no line watercolor technique to create them and was happy with the way the turned out (mostly).   I was inspired by Dawn at WPlus9.  Here's the video that inspired me.  Be sure take a peek at all her beautiful creations on YouTube.  I'm sure you'll be inspired. 

I used Distress Antique Linen to stamp my image on watercolor paper.  This gave me a light image to use as a guide for painting.  Since the Distress Ink is reactive with water, the lines disappear into the paint when I touch them with the wet brush.

As I colored the image, I added some water in a few areas on the background.  This let the paint move from the image to the wet paper and created a soft, loose look that I loved.  Be sure to watch Dawn's video if you think you might like to try this technique.
 

I had so much fun I tried a second version. 


I added sentiments using the Versatile Greeting die set from Altenew.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

1 comment:

  1. Cathy your cards are both just magnificent! Dawn is the very best teacher of all!
    =]

    ReplyDelete