Friday, March 24, 2023

Wait! Christmas in March?

Happy Friday, friends!  I have had so much fun combining a new wreath die set from Altenew with a Christmas background stamp today - think it can't be done?  There's proof in the pudding:

Altenew Sweet Blooms Die

Take a really good look at my background panel... see it?  
Yes, that is Pinkfresh Studio's Holiday City View - white heat embossed!
[come on - admit it!  we all have a neighbor who leaves their Christmas wreath on the door until the birds build their nest in it!!]

Altnew Sweet Blooms die

I had the best time cutting all the bits and pieces in this sweet Altenew Sweet Blooms die set!
I created blooms in many color combinations before deciding the purple/lavender was my favorite for Spring.  

I love the bit of texture and interest this background brought to my card without adding anymore bulk!  That sweet little tag sets this card up perfectly for any message I'd like to add inside - for any occasion at all!  Hello from HoneyBee Stamps' My Favorite Flower, and the tag is HoneyBee, too.

Hope you take another look at your Christmas supplies before storing them away!
Have a wonderful, crafty weekend, my friends - thank so much for stopping by today!
=] Michele
 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

15 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous! A breath of spring and a wonderful way to repurpose those dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you've stretched your stamps Michele. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. White on white embossing makes a fabulous background! I had forgotten about doing that. Thanks for the reminder and all those little houses need a springtime wreath like this on their door!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who cares that that background stamp is supposed to be Christmas, you can't tell and the white on white effect is brilliant. Such a great background for your wreath xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your purple and lavender blooms were the perfect spring choice and they look right at home on that lovely wreath! What a great way to stretch those Christmas stamps too. This is a wonderful card, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great texture with the white heat embossing, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, Michele. I adore your blooms and the fact that you heat embossed the background. Such a creative eye you have! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so love this card, Michele. I love the shades of green and purple - perfect for your spring wreath. The embossed background was a great idea, and made me smile. Oh, and that little tag! Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who puts their Christmas stamps away? I'm stilll making cards although I'm using them for Christmas. That village makes a great background for your colorful wreath, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your white on white background Michele, and yes there are still a few Christmas wreaths hanging up on front doors in my neighborhood! I love your Spring wreath on that CAS background...really makes it POP! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully done, love the mx of colors too!! someone by us still has their Halloween up, makes me cringe every time we drive by!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, such a gorgeous spring wreath! LOVE the colors and the tone on tone background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, yes! Love LOVE it, you clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the colors, the layers, and texuture of this beautiful spring wreath card, Michele!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well know, my eyes didn't even see that gorgeous embossed background on your blog Michele, my eyes went right to the tag and the purple blooms. I am really loving your subtle background, it is perfect for this beautiful wreath and the sweet blooms in lavender and purple. Then there is that sweet tag, so cute with it's lavender sentiment! I so love that wreath and those flowers, I really do. LOL Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete