Thursday, December 28, 2023

Boxed Set of Hand-made Cards Make Great Gifts

I'm sharing another boxed set I gave as a gift for Christmas.  I love making these throughout the year and then gifting them during the holidays.  I've used the Pretty Sweet stamp set from Concord and 9th to create several, different sets.  It's such a great stamp set!

concord and 9th pretty sweet stamp set
Here's my process for creating multiple cards that are primarily stamped.  I use a scrap paper to create a design I like.  Once I'm happy with my design, I use it in my MISTI as a template to position my stamps for each image.  I start with the yellow flower (I think its a bit easier to start with the lightest color, just in case your stamp isn't completely clean when you switch colors). I place my sample in the MISTI, place my stamp on  my sample lining it up with the design, and shut the MISTI door to pick up the stamp.  Then I place my card base in the MISTI and stamp the yellow flower on each card.

After I finish stamping the yellow flower, I move on to the next flower.  I remove the stamp, position it on the next flower using my sample sheet, repeating the steps until all the flowers and leaves are stamped. 

To finish the cards, I stamp a sentiment and add some embellishments to the centers of the flowers. The window box for the finished cards holds between 6 and 8 cards and envelopes.

concord and 9th pretty sweet stamp set

Here's another version of the same card.  This version included some die cut sentiments adding a bit more dimension.

concord and 9th pretty sweet stamp set

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you've been inspired to create something.

-Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

1 comment: