Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Sweet Hand-made Baby Card

I've had to create some baby cards recently.  Not something I've had a need for in recent years.  It was such fun looking for the perfect stamp and creating this sweet little card.  I enjoyed the break from all the holiday crafting that's been piled on my desk lately.

New Baby Card from Mama Elephants Wish Upon a Star

I started by coloring the image with my Copic Markers and cutting it out with the coordinating die.  I cut several extras from scrap cardstock to stack behind the colored image creating a dimensional embellishment.

New Baby Card from Mama Elephants Wish Upon a Star

To create the background, I used some Chipped Sapphire Distress Ink and added it to my card panel with an ink blending tool.  I applied it lightly and built up the color slowly using a circular motion with the ink blending tool.  Once I was finished with the ink blending, I splattered some silver metallic paint onto the surface.

The sentiment I chose was from the Welcome Baby stamp set from Honey Bee stamps.  I added the sentiment and some tiny glittered stars I cut using the coordinating die set from the Wish Upon a Star stamp set.

Thanks so much for vising the blog.  I really appreciate it.

I hope you found this sweet card inspiring.

-Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment