Friday, December 23, 2022

Why, yes! There IS another Poinsettia!

We're counting down to Christmas day, my friends!  Hello there - it's me, Michele!  Those of you who know me well also know that I seldom pass on adding another new Poinsettia to my collection!  Oh, is she a beauty!  No messing around today - let's get to my card!


Here's how it came together:
I cut all the layers of this Honey Bee Lovely Layers Poinsettia from 
white cardstock.  Blended some bright pink ink with a little extra on the edges and
nooks and crannies... the detail in this die is incredible!


I gave them all a good splattering of water-down gesso
then waited patiently for that to dry!


While waiting, I pulled out a piece of giftwrap that I'd hoarded saved for 
just the right card - this was the time! 


I partially dry-embossed this sweet little die-cut panel from the
Concord & 9th Friendly Florals set - scoring just above where I placed my silver heat embossed
wonderful sentiment - also HoneyBee - Home for the Holidays.
A few seed beads for the center and my work here is done - with pleasure!

May I take this opportunity to wish you all a Merry Christmas, and all the best in 2023!
Thanks so very much for your support this year!

<=] Michele

 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  
 

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Michelle! That poinsettia IS lovely and your wrapping paper looks so amazing with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous poinsettia and the splatters add such a realistic touch! I am always nervous to do that, but in 2023, that will be my goal...to do SPLATTERS with gesso!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous poinsettia! Love this pink with the splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh this is beautiful Michele!! Love the hoarded wrapping paper too...fits perfectly with that GORGEOUS Poinsettia!! 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pink poinsettias are my fave, and this one is lovely! The splatters give it such a real look. Your cards always inspire me, Michele, as I love natural elements. Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card, Michele! Wow! I love the splatters and the texture! Merry Christmas my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Really beautiful in pink and gray, and all those wonderful details -- just stunning

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I knew I'd love it! Breathtaking Poinsettia with the silver leaves. Looks like a great sentiment set, too. How fun it is to have such a passion for collecting something so lovely as this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beauty, Michele! Love this pretty pink poinsettia with silver leaves, and the wonderful design, using partial dry-embossing! The white gesso snow and the pearls & jewels are wonderful finishing touches.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures to show the process!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful, Michele! I love the marvelous pink poinsettia with the silver accents!

    ReplyDelete