Friday, December 16, 2022

A million and one Thanks!

 

The cards are made and sent.  My little 'closet tree' is out of the closet [stays decorated all year long] Fritz and Friend are on the front porch - I'll try to remember to share a photo.   Time to say thank you to all my wonderful friends who send me cards, and those who stop by each week to leave me encouragement and love on my posts at I Card Everyone and here at the Doodlebugs blog.  I appreciate it, so very much! so, THANKS A MILLION sweet friends!

Here is how I used my newest embossing folder from Spellbinders:
Holiday Floral Swag...

First, I emboss a half-sheet of cardstock to get the full story -


Then I use an A2 panel to see what other options I have:


A light bulb moment when I decide to use a Spellbinder Postage Edge die to cut an oval instead:


... and create a card base using the same die ...


... mount the embossed oval and add some glam with Foundry Wax* [from the friend who will actually GET this card] and a 
Fancy Thanks from Altenew!



By snipping a bit of the oval off of the back panel, it
will stand on its own - pretty cool, right?

Thanks a million, and one times!
=] Michele

Here's Fritz and his little Friend! No. I did NOT make him!


 
Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

14 comments:

  1. This is such an elegant way to say thanks! Love this embossing folder and the gold highlights are stunning! I'm loving Fritz greeting all who come to your door and his sweet snowflake tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang it! You are such an enabler! I just love that embossing folder too...and your fun shaped card is beautiful, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That ef is one of my favorite purchases this year too Michele, but I sure never thought to make a shaped card with it! The oval shape works perfectly, and all the little touches of gold are the icing on the cake! Lovely, lovely card my friend! And Fritz and friend are ADORABLE!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness gracious... your peek had me eager for more, and then I see how clever and gorgeous the finished card is I can hardly hold myself back! How beautiful this folder is and I like how you arrived at the oval. The gold "thanks" is very elegant, and Fritz and his friend are the absolute cutest welcomers ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to send your thanks! An oval postage die...love it! Thank YOU for all of the inspiration here and on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glorious! What a beautiful card. What a wonderful vision you have. Fritz and friend are fantastic welcomers to your home. Love that tree, too! The ornaments are swoonworthy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely and elegant card. Using the oval postage die was a great idea. I am curious about thow you applied the Foundry Wax. Whatever you did, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this elegant and stunning thank you card Michele! That embossing folder is to die for, so gorgeous. I also love that you made this thank you into a shaped card. I just got me some gilding wax to use on things, can't wait to try it out on an embossed image! Love, love, love this card! I also love your little tree and Fritz, he is adorable! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. So stunning my creative pal!! I am just learning to love wax and this use is so elegant. Love the card shape, too. And yes, I do believe in thank you notes. Thank YOU for so much inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful way to use that beautiful embossing folder, Michele! The oval-shaped card with postage edges is so cool! Love the beautiful shine and how you applied the wax!
    Your holiday guests must be happy to see your cute door man and his little snowy friend!
    Hideko xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this, and I love that wax! Wow, I've never seen this before but it's gorgeous! Fritz and Friend are pretty special too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fanciest thank you card on today's web~ Love that you figured out how to make it stand too. Vikki H

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah, there's the sweet spot! But you made it stand out even more with the large sentiment! Thank YOU for all you share with us, and Happy Holidays to you and Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That folder worked beautifully on an oval die cut, Michele, and the wax added the perfect highlight. How great to have Fritz welcoming people at your door.

    ReplyDelete