Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Concord & 9th Layering Stencils


Hi, everyone!  Toni here with you today sharing a color experiment using  Concord & 9th Boughs & Holly Layering Stencils.

I tend to like bright colors so went with these for the first card:  Distress Oxide Mowed Lawn, Twisted Citron, Cracked Pistachio, Festive Berries and Barn Door.  I really like the results, especially on the Spellbinders Knock on Wood Embossing Folder with the Avery Elle Happy Tags Holiday joy nested in the middle.


However, for the next round I went a bit bolder, switching out the Twisted Citron for Rustic Wilderness and some of the Mowed Lawn with Everegreen Bough.  At first I used Rustic Wilderness for the last stencil layer, the leaf veins. With the darker colors I had used overall it just didn't pop so I decided I had nothing to lose trying Black Soot. Wow!


Talk about statement! I used this combo for the remaining cards as well, mixing up the designs by embellishing with Glossy Accents or adding different sentiments like Waffle Flower Merry Christmas Duo on an oval diecut and Pretty Pink Posh Holiday Scripts for a one layer card.


I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  Have a great rest of your day!

PRODUCTS USED AND/OR RECOMMENDED

No comments:

Post a Comment