Wednesday, June 2, 2021

You Are Koalafied for A Hug...

Hello everyone, happy Wednesday! Mayra here with you today. I am so happy to be here. I am sharing this fun card using the new I Love You(calyptus) Flip-Flop stamp set from Lawn Fawn. 


I began by coloring all of the images I would use to create this card. The larger rock is from the Mermaid For You set, the little greenery from the I Like You (Alotl)the smaller rocks from the Ocean Shell-fie set, the leaves, branches, cupcake, and dirt pile from the A Bug Deal set, the butterflies, clouds (as small bushes), and the little tufts of grass from the Butterfly Kisses set, and the original koala from the I Love You (calyptus) set. 


I used Copic markers to color the images. For the koalas, I used E30, W5, W3, W1, C5, W7, R30, RV42, and R000. For the rocks, I used E41E31, E55, E84, E87, E15, E99, and YR27. For the green, I used YG01, YG13, YG17, and G09. For the yellow/mustard color, I used Y23, Y21, YR24, and E97. 

I then die-cut the layers to create the scene for the koalas. I began by die cutting two of the largest stitched rectangles from the Basic Rectangles die set, I used one as a frame by die cutting the next size down on the inside of the panel to create the frame. Next, I used the Slimline Grassy Hillside Border and the Slimline Simple Stitched Hillside Border dies to die cut the grassy and ground areas for the card. I then added color to the base layers using Moonstone, Forget me Not, Fish Tank, and a bit of Blue Jay Lawn Fawn inks. For the grass, I used Celery Stick, Jalapeno, and Noble Fir. For the ground area, I used No2. Pencil, and Walnut with a bit of Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. Next, I used the Cloudy Stencil from Lawn Fawn to add the cloud layers to the base and frame of the card. 


I then die-cut the tag using the new Hearts and Stars Skinny Tag dies set. I added the same colors as the sky to the tag. I then heat embossed part of the sentiment onto the tag. Next, I die cut the word Hug using Oliver's Stitched ABC's die set. I added the same greens as I had used for the grassy hill. 

I hope you enjoy the card I created to share with you today. Thank you very much for taking the time to stop by. I hope you each have a wonderful and blessed day. Please feel welcome to visit me on my blogIG or Pinterest

Products Used and/or Recommended Include:

No comments:

Post a Comment