Monday, June 14, 2021

Hello from Toni: Aloha with Avery Elle

 
Aloha, my lovelies!  The weather is warming up, people are getting vaccinated and now it's easier to turn my eye towards an honest-to-goodness vacation.  Same?


Both of my cards today use the Avery Elle Luau set. Soo cute! I love these hula critters!


For the first card I used the Pretty Pink Posh Layered Leaves and Flowers Stencil along with Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina for the background.


I cut a piece of vellum using one of the Lawn Fawn Flippin' Awesome Add-on dies and adhered it to the background using double-sided tape.

I fussy cut the bear's arm and some of the skirt leaves and paper-pieced them.  I had accidentally spilled water on the original image (argh!) and didn't want to let all that coloring go to waste.


Speaking of coloring, I colored up all of my images using Copics. 

For the second card, I stamped the backgrounding using the Avery Elle Luau Party tiki mask and leaves using DO Salvaged Patina and Mowed Lawn.


I mounted a circle cut from Honey Bee Team Tie-Dye 6x6 paper (built-in sunset!) and added island elements from Sunny Studio Tropical Scenes.  That made it really easy for me to add the Avery Elle Luau Party images to finish up the scene.


Aloha!  I'll see you again soon.  If you'd like to check out my other creations in the meantime, you can visit my blog, Frankie Helps Craft, my Instagram, or my Pinterest Board.  

Products Used and/or Recommended Include:

No comments:

Post a Comment