Monday, November 20, 2023

Personalized Birthday Card with Mama Elephant and Pretty Pink Posh

Hi friends! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook. Today I'm mixing things up on the Doodlebugs blog birthday style. My daughter turned 17 a couple weeks ago and this was the birthday card I created for her. The fun part is, you can create this same card for any year because of the awesome Mama Elephant Birthday Candles stamp set!

Mama Elephant Birthday Candles

I chose images from Mama Elephant Birthday Candles and Delivery By Truck to stamp and color with my copic markers. Then I used the coordinating dies from both sets to cut them out.

Mama Elephant Birthday Candles

Next, I cut a white panel with the largest Pretty Pink Posh Eyelet Rectangle die and inked it up from the center fading out with Lawn Fawn celery stick ink and a blending brush. Then, I taped the Pretty Pink Posh Starburst stencil to the panel and went over it with the same ink. I didn't want my card front white but I also didn't want it dark to distract from the images either. So I took a Lawn Fawn kiddie pool ink pad and drug it across all four edges to give it a light teal color.

Mama Elephant Birthday Candles

I stamped a sentiment on the lower center of the eyelet panel from Mama Elephant Deliver Lots of Cheer before adding foam tape and popping it up on my card base. Then I added the images with foam squares. For finishing touches I added glossy accents to all the noses and balloons. Then I added stardust Stickles to the banner and stars on the hats.

Mama Elephant Birthday Candles

Most of the time I don't know who is getting my card or when so I leave the inside blank but this time it was very specific so I pulled the cute sloth from Mama Elephant Birthday Candles and stamped him in pizza dough ink, along with a second sentiment from Mama Elephant Mixed Wishes Greetings.
 

I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment