Friday, November 3, 2023

Clean and Simple, Budget Friendly Christmas Cards

I've really been enjoying creating cards with minimal supplies lately.  I do love to add lots of dimension and layers to my cards, but sometimes it's nice to keep it simple.  It keeps the mess down on my desk and is more budget friendly!

I created this card using only two NEW items, Merry Mistletoe die from Lawn Fawn and the Mini Messages Holiday stamp from Honey Bee Stamps.  You could probably find a simple, holiday sentiment in your stash to use, but I really wanted to use this one.

Lawn Fawn Merry Mistletoe
 

I cut and assembled the mistletoe and berries from white and soft pink / coral cardstock. For the bows I used some gold glitter cardstock scraps.

The stitched rectangles were cut using the Combo Rectangles from Mama Elephant.  I cut several so I could layer them up.  I love the dimension!  After cutting them, I added some Minty Fresh Ink to the centers with an ink blending tool.

Lawn Fawn Merry Mistletoe

I  heat embossed the sentiment using Liquid Platinum embossing powder from Ranger and then assembled the card.

Lawn Fawn Merry Mistletoe

I used the die cut berries on one card and some pearl embellishments on the other.  I think I like the paper berries best, but they are both pretty.

Lawn Fawn Merry Mistletoe

I'm loving the soft, non traditional colors lately.  My husband....not so much.  Do you prefer traditional Christmas colors or non traditional colors?

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you find some time to get creative.

-Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:

1 comment:

  1. Gosh these are pretty! I've hopped over from the Coffee Lovers Hop to thank you for being a sponsor!

    ReplyDelete