Monday, November 6, 2023

Holly Jolly Die Cutting Christmas

Hello everyone! This is Amanda from Twiddler's Nook with your next installment of Mix it up Monday! I had a die cutting party for one in my craft room and it was a blast! I played with the new Pretty Pink Posh Build a Stocking die set and it was so fun! I even went a completely different color way than I'm used to for added fun. I hope you enjoy it!

Pretty Pink Posh Build a Stocking

This card actually started with me embossing a piece of white cardstock with the new Spellbinders Sparkling Snow 3D embossing folder. I had to test it out as soon as it came because it looks so pretty on the package. It's even better in real life. After I embossed the panel I took my pink and purple blending brushes and just went over random snowflakes without adding and ink to them. It gave a sweet, soft glow on the paper and I loved it.

Pretty Pink Posh Build a Stocking

So naturally, I went digging in my paper stash and found pink and purple cardstock that coordinated and started die cutting parts of the stockings. I used liquid glue to adhere them together and played with arrangement on my card for a while before I liked it.

Pretty Pink Posh Build a Stocking

I carefully added liquid glue where the stockings overlapped and placed an acrylic block on them to dry so I didn't lose my positioning. (That's how long it took me to get it right.) While that was drying, I die cut sentiment strips and stamped the sweetest sentiment ever on the top layer. I was mindful to use gray ink because the card is so soft, I didn't want a bold black sentiment stealing all the attention.

Pretty Pink Posh Build a Stocking

With the stockings dry, I added foam squares to everything and popped them in place on the embossed panel. Finally, I added the panel to a card base and my card is all finished.

I love thinking about different ways projects could be fun after I make them and this one screams a "build a stocking" party for kids. Die cut a bunch of pieces and let them loose to build stockings and create cards with them. I think it would be so much fun for everyone! Shoot, might be a fun way to convert a non-paper crafter to the dark side too. Lol.
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day! 

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 


No comments:

Post a Comment