Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Clean and Simple, Budget Friendly Cards

I decided to take a break from holiday card making and create some quick and simple cards.  I love how quickly these came together and how cute they turned out.

Mama Elephant Falling Leaves stamp and die set

I started by stamping and coloring the images from Mama Elephant's Falling Leaves stamp set.  I used Copic markers, but any of your favorite coloring mediums will work.

Mama Elephant Falling Leaves stamp and die set

After coloring the images, I created the card bases for these cute critters.  I didn't have much time, so I decided a quick and simple, ink blended background would be perfect.  For two of the critters I created a solid strip at the bottom of my card base.  I taped off about two inches and then blended on a soft sage green ink.

For the that adorable raccoon hanging from the branch, I added a small amount of blue ink in an oval configuration.

I stamped this fun sentiment from Concord & 9th's Happy Thanks stamp set.  I thought it was the perfect sentiment for these cute characters.  They look like they are having so much fun.

I stacked the colored images on two or three layers of additional die cuts I cut from my scraps. Then added them to the card fronts to finished the cards.  I really love how the added dimension looks on such a simple card.

Mama Elephant Falling Leaves stamp and die set

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I appreciate you and hope you found this inspiring.

-Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment