Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Half Circle Shaped Card Using Spellbinders Postage Edge Circles

Sometimes it's fun to create and give something that's a little unexpected.   Today I'm sharing a shaped card I created a while back using the the Postage Edge Circle Dies.  One of the circles in this set is fairly large and perfect for making a shaped card.

 

Spellbinders Postage Edge Circle Die and Be Bold Blooms

I cut the largest circle die and the postage edge die twice from white and grey cardstock.  I double stacked them both for dimension and added stability.  Then layered them on top of each other.  

I then cut a second of the largest postage edge die for the back side / flap of my card.  I scored it about 1/2 inch from the top, added some adhesive to that small area above the score line and then secured it to the back of the front portion of my card.  This creates a back flap that is identical to the front.  The scored top allows it to bend, forming an easel so the card will stand up.

Spellbinders Postage Edge Circle Die and Be Bold Blooms

I removed approximately 1 inch from the bottom of the card.  This allows it to stand easier and fit nicely into an A2 envelope.

The lovely flowers were created using the Be Bold Blooms die from Spellbinders.  One of my favorites!  I layered them up to create a nice bouquet and added the Just Because sentiment.  This sentiment is from the Blended Petals stamp and die set from Concord & 9th.  You can probably tell, I stacked up the sentiment with several layers to create more dimension.  I love all those layers!

Spellbinders Postage Edge Circle Die and Be Bold Blooms

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope I've inspired you to create something.

-Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment