Friday, June 2, 2023

A tree for all Seasons from Altenew

Hello, my Doodlebugs friends!  Michele here with a fun way to stretch your dies!  I recently added the gorgeous Chestnut Tree Layering Die set to my Altenew stash - what a gorgeous tree it is!  Something I regularly do when preparing to use my new goodies is to do a little research into the florals, or in this case, the Chestnut tree!  There are always gorgeous photos taken by wonderful photographers for reference.  The photos shared of Chestnuts were those taken in all seasons - a light bulb moment for my cards today.

Armed with lots of card stock, one sweet little pattern paper, and many of the dies* I've had on hand for years that can indicate snowy slopes, rolling hills, mountains and fields.  Are you ready?

Altenew Chestnut Tree

Here they are before my cards came together.  

The Winter Chestnut was bare, and its branches were blanketed in snow.

Spring brings the sweet pink blossoms and the first few leaves.

In Summer the Chestnut is magnificent with rich greens and lush leaves.

Then Autumn turns all of its leaves stunning colors ranging from golden to deep russets!

Now, to take them to my cards - what a delightful day of play I had!

Altenew Chestnut Tree


I kept the design the same and used color and texture to indicate what the landscape might look like during each season.  

Altenew Chestnut Tree

Rolling hills and mountain tops blanketed in snow!  The sky is grey and the moon is huge!

Altenew Chestnut Tree

In Spring each hill and valley is different because of the grass or crop.  We'll see more blue skies, and bright sunny days. 

Altenew Chestnut Tree

Summer arrives and the crops are growing!

Altenew Chestnut Tree

In the Fall, the leaves are brilliant and will soon be blanketing the earth!  The days are perfect for harvesting and sunsets are legendary!

I hope you've enjoyed my trees of all Seasons!  Have you missed the sentiments?  For this set of cards I will leave them off and allow the recipient of this gift to write their own message inside.

=] Michele

*note many of the stitching dies and embossing folders I've used are no longer available but don't let that stop you! Here are others to choose from!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

14 comments:

  1. You're outdone yourself here, Michele! What a versatile die, and you showcased it perfectly! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is a delight and Michele has outdone herself again!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like these! What a fun idea to showcase all four seasons, Michele! These are all just fabulous. I think the warm autumn tree is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even more gorgeous close up and I love the commentary, Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Michele, I love these Chestnut trees in each season!!! Your cards are amazing and oh so beautiful....actually stunning! I brings back so many wonderful memories and a few not so wonderful memories. LOL We used to have two huge Chestnut trees in our front yard. Loved eating the Chestnuts in the fall. But picking up the burrs wasn't so fun, but not to bad if you kept at it everyday. Finally the trees got to torn up by storms and started to decline, so we had them taken out. I miss those trees so much as well as the Chestnuts, but not so much the burrs. I'm sure Bret doesn't miss the burrs either. He was waiting on the porch with no shoes, for the other boys bus to come to bring them home. I told him not to leave the porch because of the burrs, but he got to excited and ran into the yard! It was a short run, because he hit those burrs and that was that. His brothers came running and scooped him up, brought him in and held him down while I tried to get out the burrs that were in his feet. I couldn't. So off to the doctors office we went. Our doctor picked at them, but had to stop because Bret was crying and saying, "Dr. Hess, why are you hurting me!". That did it for our doctor, he wouldn't do anymore. He said the burrs would come out on their own. Well Bret was 2 then and now he is 27 1/ 2 and would you believe he still gets a burr that comes out of the bottom of his feet from time to time?!! Oh yes, the memories! Thanks for the trip down memory lane! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your seasonal cards are amazing and how did I not see this Altenew die before? Thanks for enabling! And the patterned paper tree is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! What a fantastic post. I love what you have created here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incredible Michele!! Each season and card is just wonderful with so much detail but still so simple! I am in awe my friend...didn't want this post to end!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Each tree is beautiful on it's own and then you've added those gorgeous backgrounds! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew I would love these cards and I'm not disappointed! You are so clever. I'm partial to the winter and fall cards, but all are amazing! Your description was fun to read, too. Thanks, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here you go again, showing us how brilliant you are! Wow, where do these wonderful ideas come from? Great cards, and I love the idea of leaving off the sentiments if it's a gift

    ReplyDelete
  12. My goodness, Michele, these are fabulous. I love your take bringing in all the seasons. The winter is my fave, fall is a close second. Brilliant idea to showcase the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful seasonal die cut trees and backgrounds, Michele. TFS all 4 of your beauties, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete