Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Addding Ink To 3D Embossed Cardstock

Hello friends.  Today I'm sharing a card I created using ink blending techniques on embossed cardstock.  I've done this before, but I don't usually work with dark, intense colors.  So, the effects are usually beautiful, but subtle.

This time, I used a dark, navy cardstock and white pigment ink.  Oh my!  I loved how this turned out.  My photo skills are a bit lacking.  I promise you, this is beautiful in person.  You've got to give it a try!

Spellbinders Four Petal Floral 3D Embossing Folder and Wonderful Script Sentiments
I embossed the navy cardstock with the Four Petal Floral 3D embossing folder.  I used white pigment ink from Lawn Fawn and a flat blending brush.  I added the ink by lightly brushing the inked up blending brush across the surface of the paper.  You want it to lightly "kiss" the high points of the texture.  Be patient.  It took several passes of applying the ink to get the amount of color I was looking for.  Just keep lightly brushing it on until you're happy with how it looks.  I suggest trying on some scrap sheets of paper to master the application technique first.

Spellbinders Four Petal Floral 3D Embossing Folder and Wonderful Script Sentiments

I cut the word hello from silver cardstock using the Wonderful Script die set from Spellbinders.  I usually shy away from tiny, small dies that look fussy.  This delicate script looked very fussy to me.  However, I was quite surprised how easy it was to work with.  I applied the cardstock to a sheet of double sided adhesive before cutting out.  Then I removed the die cut word from the adhesive backing, making it super easy to work with.  It's such a lovely and elegant set.  

 The Hello Friend hot foil set would also look lovely if you don't want to fuss with the small die cuts.  Hot foil the hello sentiment and then cut with the shadow die for a similar look.

Spellbinders Four Petal Floral 3D Embossing Folder and Wonderful Script Sentiments

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  I hope you're inspired to give it a try.

-Cathy

Links to products used or recommended are listed below:  

1 comment:

  1. Simply stunning, I have to try this, thank you

    ReplyDelete