Monday, April 8, 2024

Texturizing Your Backgrounds with Embossing Folders and Inking

Hey friends! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook. For this installment of Mix it up Monday I came up with an idea for adding color and texture to your backgrounds in a different way. We're going to ink, emboss and then ink again for added awesomeness!

Mama Elephant Little Agenda Farm

I had an idea for embossing folders and wanted to try it so that's where today's project started. I took a piece of white cardstock and die cut it with the largest Spellbinders Modern Oval die. I inked the panel up with yellow ink and inserted it into the Spellbinders Tiny Dot embossing folder and ran it through my die cutter. After I removed it, I flipped it over to what we normally consider the back side. So the dots indent instead of stick up. Then I added a layer of teal ink over the top with a brayer roller. This kept the ink out of the dots and just added a layer over the panel. Then I added a layer of peacock feathers distress oxide ink over that for a darker effect. I spritzed the panel with water and then flicked white paint on it too.

Mama Elephant Little Agenda Farm

While that was drying I pulled out some Mama Elephant sets to stamp, color and die cut. I started with Little Agenda Farm and then moved on to Simple Friends Bubbles for my sentiments. Last I used liquid glue to assemble my critters in place and added foam squares to the back of everything.

Mama Elephant Little Agenda Farm

I didn't want the card base to be stark white so I inked it up with distress oxide ink in ripe persimmon and spiced marmalade and spritzed it with water. Then I adhered the oval with foam tape and finally added the images and speech bubbles.

For finishing touches I added glossy accents to the critter nose/beaks and bits of the tractor and wagon too. Last I added some enamel dots across the design for a bit of shine and reflection in the light.
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

 Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment