Monday, April 29, 2024

Birthday Balloons on Balloons

Hey friends! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook with another Mix it up Monday. You can never have too many birthday balloons. Am I right?!? Well, I don't think so. So when I had the chance to ink up the adorable Mama Elephant It's Poppin, I had to pair it with my favorite Spellbinders Floating Balloons 3D embossing folder. It's a match made in heaven.

Mama Elephant It's Poppin

To start, I actually stamped all of the images in It's Poppin and colored them all with my copic markers. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out and stashed the other two for later on.

Mama Elephant It's Poppin

I took a piece of white cardstock and embossed it with the Spellbinders Floating Balloons 3D embossing folder, then placed the panel in my splatter box and went to town with distress oxide sprays. I let the panel dry, splattered it with water, let that dry and then thought it better to run the panel through the embossing folder again. It did make a difference in the balloons standing out.

***So, suggestion to spray your panel with color first, let it dry completely and then emboss it.***


With that done, I splattered the panel with white paint and then trimmed it down to 4x5.5 inches and popped it up on a white card base. I added a couple strips of washi tape to the bottom edge. Then I cut the Mama Elephant Big Happy Birthday three times and glued the layers together before gluing them to the card front. Last, I added the image with foam squares.

For finishing touches I added black glaze pen to the kitties' eyes and noses and stardust Stickles to the stars in the balloon.
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment