Monday, April 1, 2024

Ink Smooshing and Two-for-One Backgrounds

Happy Monday everyone! It's Amanda from Twiddler's Nook. Mix it up Monday is extra inky fun on the Doodlebugs blog today. We're ink smooshing and getting two-for-one backgrounds from our efforts. So fun, easy to do and there is no messing up.

Mama Elephant Beary Good Day

Start with a piece of white cardstock and water based markers like Tombow Dual Brush Pens or Distress Ink Pads. Smoosh or scribble a color on an acrylic block or glass mat and spritz it with water. If you use an acrylic block you can stamp the block all over your paper creating splotches of color. If you're using your glass mat, do that same thing with your paper on the mat to mop up the watery ink. I suggest using a heat gun or letting the panel dry between colors. This layers the colors and gives more interest, instead of colors blending together if the panel is still wet.

Mama Elephant Beary Good Day

Once the panel is ink smooshed to your liking and dry, run it through your die cutter with the Mama Elephant Heart Grid cover plate die. Mine happened to keep all of the hearts in the die which made the next step easier but it's not game over if they come out.

I chose the melon color from my inking to be the background for both of my cards. So I cut two pieces and adhered them to white card bases. I popped the first one up with foam strips.

Mama Elephant Beary Good Day

For the next one, I place a foam square on the back of each heart while they were stuck in the die, removed the release paper and carefully placed my paper centered over the hearts. They stuck to the paper and made it easy to have them equally spaced.

Then I cut some balloons from the Pretty Pink Posh Party Balloons die set in coordinating colors and stamped this sweet Mama Elephant bear, coloring it in coordinating colors as well. 

Mama Elephant Beary Good Day

After adding the extra balloons and image to the design with foam squares, I stamped and heat embossed sentiments on sentiment strips, that are added with liquid glue and foam strips. For finishing touches I added black glaze pen to each bear's eye and glossy accents to his nose and the balloons.

Two birthday cards in almost the same amount of time to make one. I love that kind of crafting!
 
I appreciate you sharing your time with me. Have a fabulous day!

 Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment