Thursday, January 18, 2024

Budget Friendly Valentine's Day [or Birthday] Card

Today I've been inspired to create a card with minimal or budget friendly supplies.  Most paper crafters have ink and paper readily available.  So, I chose an inexpensive stamp with the coordinating die, and an affordable word die.

Here's what I created.  It's a cute birthday card for my husband, but it can also  be used for a Valentine's Day card.

Lawn Fawn Stud Puffin

I love getting all my supplies out and making a huge mess creating.  However, sometimes it's nice to create with minimal supplies....and the mess is so much easier to clean up.

I started by stamping and coloring those adorable puffins from the Stud Puffin stamp set. I used my Copic markers to color them and then cut them out with the coordinating die.  As always, I cut several additional pieces from white cardstock, gluing them together and stacking them up for more dimension.

I repeated the process for the Scripty Love die using red cardstock for the top layer.

Lawn Fawn Stud Puffin
 

To finish the card I used my blending tool to add some Peacock Feathers Distress Ink to the center of a rectangle I cut.  I wanted this piece to be slightly smaller than my A2 card front.  This can easily be done with a die or by simply cutting it on your paper cutter.

I stamped my sentiment and added the puffins and the word love.  Then secured everything to the front of my folded note card.

Lawn Fawn Stud Puffin

Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a look.  I hope you're inspired to create today.

-Cathy


Links to products used or recommended are listed below: 

No comments:

Post a Comment